On this episode, we meet Bob Gardner, who specializes in helping men to drop their addiction to pornography and move on so they can become the father, husband, and man they always wanted to be, giving them a second chance at life.
Below are some of the questions and topics we talked about:
- Bob’s addiction - when did it begin and where did it end?
- When you feel broken, who do you turn to?
- How Bob went about finding a solution
- What happened when he told his wife?
- When did Bob start talking about his freedom from porn?
- How did it affect his relationship?
- Was it because he wasn’t being fulfilled in his relationship/had a high libido?
- Lust VS Connection
- Getting angry and out of control
- His wife’s perspective on the situation
- Making it up to her when she felt betrayed at the expense of himself
- Only communicating effectively with his wife via email
- Jarrod’s past habit
- The line in the concrete
- Unhealthy outlets for stress, pressure and frustration
- Do you need to completely abstain from our addiction?
- Do you have less desire for your partner after masturbation?
- What has Bob seen in working with 100’s of men in this area?
- Look at your relationship and how well you connect with and without it
- What is the best way to stop an addiction?
- Getting to the root cause
- What’s causing your life to be miserable enough that you have to go there again and again and again?
- How to stop beating yourself up and accept that you are not broken
- What caused Bob to tell his wife?
- Men who have a problem with porn, women who have a problem with them having a problem with porn.
- Addictive patterns go away when they are enjoying their relationship again.
- Conflicting thoughts happen when the wife is okay with porn and the man isn’t
- How to talk to your wife about your sex life without arguing
- Break down a hard conversations into the facts, the feelings, and where you want to go
- Strategies that we’ve found work to get our wife in the mood
- How to communicate effectively with your partner about your addiction
- Setting up/framing the conversation in the first place
- There’s never a good time to have the conversation
- What to do when your partner asks for space
- Bob’s advice to women who have reacted to their partner telling them about their addiction
- How to talk to your kids about pornography
- Strategies to teach your kids
- How do you handle your emotions in a stressful situation?
- Bob’s parting words for anyone struggling with an addiction
- A message of hope for a better future
- You are a human being not an addict
- You can change any time you want
- You have all the power in the world you need, you just haven’t worked out how to use it yet.
Get in touch with Bob now at www.liberateaman.com
Listen in, subscribe now on itunes, and leave me a 5 star review to help the ratings and reach of the show.
And if you love what I’m doing, please support the show and allow me to give you a $5 Off Coupon Code to use in the SuperShop in exchange by becoming a patron at www.patreon.com/superdadsonline.